日记大全

日记大全 > 句子大全

初级英语(学英语《亡灵岛》小说连载阅读021)

句子大全 2023-12-06 06:32:01
相关推荐

21

#英语学习#

I thought for a minute, then I said, ‘Yes, I can keep a secret.’

我想了一下,然后说;“能,我能保密。”

Then he told me:

然后他告诉我:

‘The other people on this island are my family.’

“岛上其他的人是我家里人。”

‘Your family?’ I said.

“你家里人?”我说。

‘Yes. My real name is Jake Duncan, and Mr. and Mrs. Duncan are my father and mother.

“是的。我的真名叫詹姆斯·邓肯,而邓肯先生和夫人是我的父母。

Tony is my younger brother, and his wife Lisa, is my secretary.

托尼是我的弟弟,他的妻子莉萨是我的秘书。

It’s she who’s in hospital.’

现在住院的就是她。”

‘And Stella and Dan Parks?’ I said.

“而斯特拉·帕克斯和丹·帕克斯呢?”我说。

‘My mother’s sister and her husband,’ he said.

“是我姨妈和姨夫。”他说。

‘But what are you doing here on this island? I don’t understand.’

“但是你在这儿的岛上干什么呀?我不明白。”

‘I’ll tell you,’ he said. He sat down on a chair and took a guitar in his hands, but he didn’t play it.

“我会告诉你的。”他说。他在一把椅子上坐下来,拿起一把吉他,可是他没弹。”

‘You were right. I was a famous popstar. I was very rich, and I had a beautiful wife. But things went wrong.’

“你说对了。我过去是个有名的歌星,那时我很有钱,还有个漂亮的妻子,可后来妻子出事了。”

‘How?’

“怎么了?”

‘I took drugs,’ he said. ‘I drank a lot of alcohol.

“我吸毒,”他说,“我酗酒。”

I got drunk and crashed cars. I did stupid, terrible things. I knew it was wrong but I couldn’t stop doing it.

我喝醉了并撞了车。我干了些既愚蠢而又可怕的事情。我知道这不对,可我不能罢手。

I was… crazy, for a time.’

有一段时间,我简直是……发疯了。”

‘I can understand that,’ I told him. ‘I’ve taken drugs, too.’

“我可以理解。”我告诉他,“我也吸过毒。”

He looked surprised. ‘You have?’

他看上去很惊讶。“你吸过毒?”

‘Yes,’ I said. ‘After my father died, I was very unhappy and things went wrong for me, too.

“吸过。”我说。“我父亲去世后,我很不快乐,我也出事了。

But go on with your story.’

可接着讲你的事吧。”

He went on. ‘One night, I was driving my car. I was drunk and –and I hit somebody. A young girl.

他接着讲了。“一天晚上,我开着车。我喝醉了,还-还撞了人。 是个年轻姑娘。

She …died. I killed her.’

她……死了。我撞死了她。”

‘OH, no!’

“啊,不!”

未完待续~

阅读剩余内容
网友评论
相关内容
拓展阅读
最近更新