日记大全

日记大全 > 句子大全

好好享受每一处风景吧(那些给我勇气的双语美文:生命中的五个球)

句子大全 2012-03-25 23:12:01
相关推荐

#每天都有新发现#

背后小故事:

2006年9月,5位大一新生从云南,黑龙江,福建,江苏来到西安;陌生的他们在同一个宿舍5A-216相识,一起度过了4年的大学生活。回忆起来,卧谈会讨论女生,集资买洗衣机,一起出游等场景仍历历在目。如今,寝室兄弟们已天各一方,在北京,西安,威海,万里之外的尼日利亚,为各自的学业和事业打拼。生活不容易,对于我们事业刚起步的年轻人更是如此。然而,对于我们,工作并不是生命的全部。家庭,是你停靠的港湾;健康,是你拼搏的资本;朋友,是你依靠的肩膀;心灵,是你力量的源泉。希望通过这篇文章,我们一起读懂生命这门哲学。

Five Balls of Life by Brian Dyson

《生命中的五个球》

In a university commencement address several years ago, Brian Dyson, CEO of Coca Cola Enterprises, spoke of the relation of work to one"s other commitments:

几年前,在一所大学的开幕典礼中,可口可乐的首席执行官布赖恩·戴森讲到工作与其他义务的关系:

Imagine life as a game in which you are juggling some five balls in the air.

想象生命是一场不停丢掷五个球于空中的游戏。

You name them-work, family, health, friends and spirit and you"re keeping all of these in the air.

这五个球分别是工作、家庭、健康、朋友和心灵,你很努力地掷着这五个球,不让它们落地。

You will soon understand that work is a rubber ball.

很快你就会了解工作是一个橡皮球,

If you drop it, it will bounce back.

如果你不幸失手落下它,它还会弹回来的。

But the other four balls-family, health, friends and spirit are made of glass.

但是家庭、健康、朋友和心灵这四个球是用玻璃做成的。

If you drop one of these, they will be irrevocably scuffed, marked, nicked, damaged or even shattered.

一旦你失手落下,它们可能会少了一角,留下无法挽回的记号、刻痕、损坏甚至碎落一地。

They will never be the same.

它们将无法再像以前那样。

You must understand that and strive for balance in your life.

你必须了解这个道理,并且为了平衡你的生命而努力。

How?

怎样?

Don"t undermine your worth by comparing yourself with others.

别拿自己和他人比较,这只会降低你的价值。

It is because we are different that each of us is special.

因为我们都是独一无二的,因为我们每一个人都很特别。

Don"t set your goals by what other people deem important.

别人认为重要的事不一定是你的目标。

Only you know what is best for you.

只有你自己知道什么是最适合你的。

Don"t take for granted the things closest to your heart.

不要将贴近你的心的人、事物视为理所当然。

Cling to them as they would be your life, for without them, life is meaningless.

你必须将他们视为生命一般,认真对待。因为没有他们,生命将失去意义。

Don"t let your life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future.

别让你的生命总是在依恋过去的种种或是在未来的寄望中逝去。

By living your life one day at a time, you live all the days of your life.

如果你活在每个当下,那就活好你生命中的每一天。

Don"t give up when you still have something to give.

当你还能给予的时候就别轻言放弃。

Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying.

只要你不放弃,就有无限延伸的可能。

Don"t be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect.

别害怕承认你并不完美。

It is this fragile thread that binds us each together.

正因如此,我们才得以藉由这犹丝脆弱紧密地绑在一起。

Don"t be afraid to encounter risks.

遇到危险时别害怕。

It is by taking chances that we learn how to be brave.

正因如此,我们才得以藉由这些机会学习勇敢。

Don"t shut love out of your life by saying it"s impossible to find.

别以爱太难寻找作为借口而紧闭你的心扉。

The quickest way to receive love is to give it;

最迅速找到爱的方法就是给予你的爱;

the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly;

最快速失去爱的方法就是紧紧地守着你的爱。

and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.

维持爱的最快好方式就是给爱一双翅膀。

Don"t run through life so fast that you forget not only where you"ve been, but also where you are going.

不要匆忙地度过你的一生,那匆忙让你忘了曾经到过哪里,也让你忘了你要去哪里。

Don"t forget that a person"s greatest emotional need is to feel appreciated.

别忘记,人类情感上最大的需要是感恩。

Don"t be afraid to learn.

不要害怕学习。

Knowledge is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily.

知识没有重量,它是可以随身携带的珍宝。

Don"t use time or words carelessly.

别漫不经心地蹉跎光阴或口无遮拦。

Neither can be retrieved.

时间与言词两者都是一放就收不回来的。

Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored each step of the way.

生命不是一场赛跑,而是一步一个脚印的旅程。

Yesterday is history.

昨天已成历史。

Tomorrow is a mystery.

明天还是未知。

Today is a gift:

而今天则是上天的恩赐:

That"s why we call it The Present.

因此,我们才称今天为“现在”。

文章和图片来源:互联网

好啦!感谢小伙伴的阅读,今天有没有新的收获啊!有什么建议或问题请在下方评论或留言告诉我哦,我会及时回复哒!

◎相关内容:

英语美文:嫁给自己(Marry Yourself)(双语阅读)

做人生的主角!励志英语美文:被嘲笑的梦想才值得去实现(双语)

励志英语美文:不逼自己你不知道自己有多强大(双语)

想了解更多精彩内容,快来关注土狗爱学习

阅读剩余内容
网友评论
相关内容
拓展阅读
最近更新