日记大全

日记大全 > 句子大全

牛津气质美女老师 教你如何主持英语会议(Chair a Meeting)

句子大全 2012-04-23 22:29:24
相关推荐

Hi, I"m Gina. Welcome to Oxford Online English!

大家好,我是吉娜。欢迎收看牛津在线英语视频课程!

Tomorrow, you have an important meeting, and you"re the chair.

It"s the first time you"re chairing a meeting in English!

明天你有一场重要会议,而你是主持。这是你第一次用英语主持会议!

Think about this situation.

Would you know what to say to start the meeting, present your main ideas, or summarise your meeting agenda?

想像一下那种情形。你知道该说些什么来开始会议,表达主要观点或总结会议议程吗?

In this lesson, you"ll learn how to chair a meeting in English.

You can learn useful English words and phrases which you can use in your next meeting.

本节课你将学习如何用英语主持会议。你可以学习实用的英语词句,用于下一次会议。

Now imagine: you"re in the meeting room. You need to start the meeting.

现在设想:你身处会议室之中。你需要开始会议。

What will you say? Part one: welcoming attendees and starting the meeting.

你要说些什么?第一部分:欢迎与会者以及开始会议。

Before the meeting starts, you have to make sure that everyone is paying attention.

Do you know how to do this?

会议开始前,你必须确保所有人都集中注意力。你知道怎么做到这点吗?

You could say: if I could have your attention, please. Could I have your attention, please?

你可以说:请大家听我说。请大家听我说,好吗?

Good afternoon, everyone. You can also put two of these phrases together.

大家下午好。你也可以将其中两者合一。

For example: good morning everyone, could I have your attention please?

Remember, you"re the chair.

例如:大家早上好,请大家听我说,好吗?记住,你是主持。

You need to take charge and lead the meeting.

Make a strong start to your meeting by using emphasis in your voice.

你需要掌控引导会议。话语中用上强调语气,让会议有个强势的开始。

For example, in the first phrase, we have the word please after the pause at the end.

Emphasise the word "please" to sound firmer and show people that you expect them to listen to you.

例如,在第一句中,句末稍微停顿下再说请字。强调这个“请”字,让你听起来更坚定,告诉与会者你期望他们好好倾听。

Do it like this: if I could have your attention, please.

You could also do this for the phrase: could I have your attention, please.

像这么说:请大家听我说。这一句也可以这么做:请大家听我说。

Listen to the phrase again. When I say it, does it sound like a question?

再听一次这句话。我说这句时,听上去像是疑问句吗?

Could I have your attention, please. The form is a question, but you can read it like a statement.

请大家听我说。句式上是疑问句,但你可以读得像陈述句。

This makes it sound firmer and shows people that you need them to pay attention to you now.

After you have everyone"s attention, it"s time to welcome the attendees and get things started.

这样听起来更为坚定,告诉与会者现在需要他们将注意力放在你身上。

得到所有人关注后,就是时候欢迎与会者,开始开会了。

Here are some good general phrases to use: I"d like to welcome you all here today, now let"s get down to business.

In this phrase, "get down to business" means "begin discussing the important information."

以下为一些不错的一般用语:欢迎各位今天来到这里,现在我们开始谈正事吧。

这句话中,“开始谈正事”是指“开始讨论重要信息”。

Thank you all for coming. Perhaps we can make a start.

感谢各位能来。差不多我们可以开始了。

Thanks everyone and welcome to today"s meeting. Let"s begin.

感谢大家,欢迎各位参与今天的会议。我们开始吧。

If this is your first time meeting these people, you could also introduce yourself.

If there are other presenters in the meeting, this is also the time to introduce them.

如果你是第一次和这些人见面,你也可以做个自我介绍。

如果这场会议还有其他发言者,这时也应该介绍他们。

For example: I"d like to welcome you all here today, my name is Gina Mares and I"m the Marketing Manager, and this is Jon and he"s the head of the design department.

Now let"s get down to business.

例如:欢迎大家今天来到这里,我是吉娜·马雷斯,是市场部经理。

这位是乔恩,设计部的主管。现在我们开始谈正事吧。

Thank you all for coming. My name"s Gina and I"m the Marketing Manager.

感谢各位的到来。我是吉娜,市场部经理。

I"m sure you all know Dasha, who"s in charge of web content. Perhaps we can make a start.

我肯定大家都认识达莎,她负责网站内容这部分工作。我们差不多可以开始了。

Thanks everyone and welcome to today"s meeting. I"m Gina Mares, the Marketing Manager.

感谢诸位,欢迎参与今天的会议。我是吉娜·马雷斯,市场部经理。

This is Jess, from the accounts department, and she"ll also be presenting today.

Next, we have to introduce the topic and talk about the items on the agenda.

这位是会计部的杰丝,她今天也要发言。接下来我们需要介绍主题和议程事项。

Part two: introducing the topic and outlining the agenda.

After you"ve welcomed everyone to the meeting, you want to make sure they have a clear idea of what you"ll be discussing.

第二部分:介绍主题,概述议程。

欢迎所有与会者后,你要确保他们清楚地知道要讨论什么。

This can also help you to stay organized throughout the meeting.

First, you want to introduce the overall topic of the meeting.

这样也可以帮助你在会议过程中井井有条。

首先,你要介绍会议的总体主题。

Then, introduce the agenda of the meeting: all the key points you will be discussing.

Today"s meeting is about. . .

然后,介绍会议议程:所有要讨论的关键要点。今天的会议关于……

We"ll talk about. . . The aim of this meeting is to. . .

我们要讨论……本次会议是为了……

We"ll go over. . . When you go over something, what do you think that means?

我们要分析一下……你觉得 go over something 是什么意思?

It means to analyze or look at something carefully. You can also use cover.

是指分析或仔细考虑某事。你还可以用 cover 这个词。

For example: in today"s meeting, we"ll go over. . . Or: In today"s meeting, we"ll cover. . .

例如:今天的会议我们要分析一下……又如:今天的会议涉及……

These are both useful when discussing an agenda.

Now, it"s your turn to practice beginning a meeting.

这两者在讨论议程时都很实用。现在轮到你练习开始会议这一环节了。

Start with getting the attendees" attention, then welcome the attendees and get the meeting started.

Finally, you can introduce the topic of the meeting and outline your agenda.

首先引起与会者注意,然后欢迎他们再开始会议。

最后,你可以介绍会议主题,概述议程。

I"ll give you an example, and then you can create your own. Good morning everyone, if I could have your attention please.

我先给你个样例,然后你自己设计一个。大家早上好,请大家听我说。

I"d like to welcome you all to the meeting today. Let"s begin.

欢迎大家参与今天的会议。我们开始吧。

The aim of this meeting is to talk about the marketing strategies for the next few months.

We"ll go over our budget, goals, and welcome the new hires.

本次会议是为了讨论接下来几个月中要采取的营销策略。

我们会分析一下预算和目标,并且欢迎一下新员工。

OK? Now, it"s your turn.

明白了吗?现在轮到你了。

Create an introduction for a meeting you"ve recently had, or you can just use some general topics from your job.

You can pause the video and think about it.

为你最近参加的一场会议设计介绍词,或者可以用你工作中涉及的一些一般话题。

你可以暂停视频,仔细思考。

How did you do? OK, let"s move on to the main part of the meeting.

你做得如何?好了,我们继续讨论会议的主要部分吧。

Part three: getting through the agenda.

Now, you will get into the most important part of the meeting: presenting your main ideas.

第三部分:完成议程。现在你要进入会议最重要的环节:表达主要观点。

How you do this depends on what you are talking about, but there are some general rules that you can always use.

You want to begin with the first item on your agenda.

这一环节的做法取决于讨论的内容,不过有一些你可以一直运用的通用规则。

你要先讨论议程上的第一项。

To do this, use phrases like: so, let"s start with. . . The first item on the agenda is. . .

为此可以用以下措词:那么,我们先谈谈……议程上的第一项是……

After a phrase like this, you will present and discuss the agenda item. For example: so, let"s start with some new business: marketing strategies.

类似措词之后,介绍和讨论议程事项。例如:那么我们先谈谈新事务:营销策略。

The first item on the agenda is how we can make our online advertising more effective.

After you"ve discussed this first topic, you need to let the attendees know that you"ve finished and that the discussion should move forward.

议程上第一项是我们怎么提高网络广告的效果。

讨论完第一个话题后,你需要让与会者知道你说完了,应该要继续下一项讨论了。

How can you do this? A simple closing statement will be good, such as: I think that covers the first, or second, or third item.

你如何做到这点?简单的结束语就很好,例如:我认为第一,第二或第三项已经谈到了。

If nobody has anything else to add, we can continue on to the next item. Now, you can move on to the next point.

如果没人想补充,我们可以继续讨论下一项了。现在你可以继续讨论下一要点了。

Here are some useful phrases for this: let"s move on to the next item: . . . Now we come to the. . .

对此有一些实用用语:我们继续讨论下一项:……。现在我们谈谈……

The final item on the agenda is. . . Using words like next or final can be very helpful.

议程上最后一项是……next 或 final 这些词十分实用。

It helps everybody understand where you are and what you"re doing.

Let"s see how to use these in some full sentences: let"s move onto the next item: the marketing budget for these new strategies.

这可以帮助大家理解你讲到哪儿了、要讲什么。

来看一看如何在完整句式中应用:我们继续讨论下一项:新策略的营销预算。

Now we come to the main challenge: how to get 100,000 new contacts in the next few months.

The final item on the agenda is to welcome our new hires: James in Finance and Debra in HR.

现在谈谈我们的主要挑战:如何在接下来的几个月里联系十万名新客户。

议程的最后一项是欢迎我们的新员工:财务部的詹姆斯和人力资源部的黛布拉。

You can repeat these steps until you"ve covered all of the items on your agenda.

Now it"s your turn.

你可以重复这些步骤,直到议程上所有事项都讨论过了。现在轮到你了。

Imagine you"re chairing a meeting at your company.

Write down three agenda items.

设想你正主持公司的一场会议。写下三个议程事项。

Practice using different English phrases to introduce each item.

Again, you can pause the video and think about the points we"ve just gone over, and also practice making your own examples.

练习使用不同的英语措词,介绍每个事项。

再说一次,你可以暂停视频,思考我们刚才学习过的要点,练习设计自己的范例。

Next, we"re going to look at attendee participation in the meeting.

Part four: inviting attendees to participate.

接下来我们要讨论一下与会者对会议的参与。

第四部分:邀请与会者参与。

As a chair, one of your responsibilities is making sure attendees get a chance to express their ideas and take part in discussions.

What can you say to bring others into the discussion?

作为主持的其中一项职责在于确保与会者有机会表达自己的观点并参与讨论。

促进他人参与讨论你可以说些什么?

You could ask a question like: . . . , what"s your opinion on this?

Would you like to share your thoughts on this question?

你可以提出以下问题:某某,你对此有什么看法?

你愿意对这个问题分享下自己的观点吗?

Could you add anything to our ideas here?

These are good phrases to make sure all attendees have a chance to participate.

你能不能对我们这里的观点做些补充?

这些措词都很不错,可以确保所有与会者有机会参与进来。

Also, as a chair, you may have other attendees who need to present ideas or lead the discussion for part of the meeting.

When you want to hand over to another attendee, you can use phrases like: . . . , would you like to introduce this item?

此外,你身为主持,可能会遇到有些与会者需要在会议的部分环节发表观点或带领讨论。

你要将会议交予其他与会者负责,你可以用以下措词:某某,你可以介绍下这一事项吗?

I"d like to turn it over to . . . , who is going to lead in the next point. Alright, now . . . will have the floor.

接下来的工作交给某某,他会带领下一事项的讨论。好了,现在轮到某某发言。

Just add the person"s name to use these phrases.

For example: Amit, would you like to introduce this item?

用以上措词只需加上人名即可。例如:阿密特,你愿意介绍这一事项吗?

However, there could be a problem here.

What if some of the attendees talk too long, or start going off-topic?

但是,这里可能会出现问题。如果有些与会者讲太长时间或开始偏离主题了怎么办?

Part five: dealing with distractions and staying on topic Nobody likes meetings which go on too long, right?

第五部分:应对跑题,保持切题。 没人喜欢开会开太久,不是吗?

To be a good chair, you need to keep people focused on the agenda and avoid distractions.

When someone is speaking for too long, there are good, professional phrases that you can use: let"s not get too far off-topic here.

要成为优秀的主持,你需要保持人们以议程为重点,避免跑题。

有人讲太长时间,有一些不错的专业措词你可以使用:我们这里不要太偏离主题。

We can discuss that at the end if you feel it"s important. I don"t think that"s relevant to today"s discussion.

你觉得重要的话,我们可以在最后讨论。我认为这和今天的讨论没有关系。

If someone talks about a topic that would be good to discuss at a later time, you can use the phrase "shelve it" or "table it".

This means that you want to talk about it, but in the future: I think we should shelve that until next time.

如果有人谈到的主题很不错,值得之后讨论的话,你可以用 shelve it 或 table it 这些短语。

这是指你想讨论,不过是在以后讨论:我觉得可以把那个话题暂且搁置,下次再讨论。

Good point, but let"s table it until the next meeting.

At this point, you"ve got through your agenda, made sure that everyone has a chance to speak, and stayed on topic.

好观点,不过我们先放在一边,下次会议再讨论。

到这时你已经走完议程了,确保了所有人都有机会谈话,也保持了讨论围绕着主题。

Great! But, you have one more job.

很好!不过你还有一件事要做。

Part six: summarizing and concluding the meeting. Once you"ve finished discussing everything, you need to summarize your key points.

第六部分:总结并结束会议。所有事项都讨论完毕了,你便需要总结关键要点。

Here, you can say things like: before we close, let me just summarize the main points. To sum up. . .

这里你可以这么说:散会前,我来总结下主要要点。总的来说……

In brief, . . . Shall I go over the main points?

简而言之……我来回顾下主要要点吧?

Then, use verbs like discussed, went over, and talked about to list the items from the meeting.

For example: to sum up, we discussed using the new internet marketing strategies and cutting the budget by $1,000 next month.

然后,用 discussed,went over,talked about 等词汇列出会议事项。

例如:总的来说,我们讨论了下个月应用新式网络营销策略以及缩减一千美元的预算。

We also talked about our new sales goals and increasing our traffic.

Finally, we welcomed James and Debra to the company.

我们还讨论了新的销售目标以及要提高客户量。最后还欢迎了詹姆斯和黛布拉来到我们公司。

Now, it"s time to finish up. Here, you should show that you"re finished and ask for any final questions.

现在是时候结束了。这里应该表明你讲完了,并允许提最后的问题。

To finish, simple phrases like these are effective: OK, it looks like we"ve covered the main items for the meeting today. Right, that"s all for today"s meeting.

结束时用以下的简单实用措词:好了,看来我们已经讨论完今天会议的主要事项了。没错,今天的会议就到这了。

Don"t forget to ask if there are any final questions from the attendees.

This will help them to clarify anything they didn"t understand and make any final points.

不要忘记询问与会者是否最后还有任何问题。

这可以帮助他们弄清任何不理解的内容以及最后一次发表观点。

Is there any other business? Are there any questions before we finish?

还有没有其他事情?结束前还有没有问题?

Now, I"d like you to practice concluding a meeting.

First, I"ll give you an example and then you can create your own.

现在我要你练习下结束会议这一环节。

首先,我会给你个样例,然后你自己设计一个。

To sum up, we discussed using the new internet marketing strategies and cutting the budget by $1,000 each month.

We also talked about our sales goals and increasing our site traffic.

总的来说,我们讨论了下个月应用新式网络营销策略以及缩减一千美元的预算。

我们还讨论了新的销售目标以及要提高客户量。

Finally, we welcomed James and Debra to the company.

Right, that"s all for today"s meeting.

最后还欢迎了詹姆斯和黛布拉来到我们公司。好了,今天的会议就到这了。

Are there any questions before we finish? No? Great.

结束前还有没有问题?没有吗?太好了。

I"d like to thank Bob, our CEO, for coming here all the way from Beijing.

Thank you all for attending.

感谢我们的CEO鲍勃不远千里从北京来到这里。感谢大家的参与。

That"s all for today. OK, your turn.

今天的会议到此结束。好了,轮到你了。

Summarize your meeting, thank everyone for coming, and conclude.

Now you know how to chair a meeting from beginning to end.

总结会议,感谢与会者,结束会议。现在你知道如何从头至尾主持一场会议了。

Are you chairing a meeting in English in the near future?

I hope you can use some of the words and phrases from the lesson to make it easier for you!

你是不是不久就要主持一场英文会议呢?

我希望你能运用课程中学习的一些词句,让会议主持更加轻松!

Each section has a lot of useful language to learn and practice, so you might want to go through some sections again to get really comfortable with the language you need.

That"s all for the lesson.

每个部分都有不少实用用语可供学习和练习,所以部分内容你可能要重温,以此真正熟悉所需的用语。今天的课程到此结束。

Good luck, and thank you for watching!

Please visit Oxford Online English. com for more free lessons like this.

祝你好运,感谢收看!

See you next time!

下节课再见!

阅读剩余内容
网友评论
相关内容
拓展阅读
最近更新