日记大全

日记大全 > 句子大全

英文外刊 如果生活给了你一颗酸柠檬(你怎么理解的)

句子大全 2016-12-16 23:29:27
相关推荐

There are several kinds of citrus fruit.

柑橘类水果有好几种。

The most common are limes, oranges,

最常见的有酸橙、橙子、葡萄柚、橘子和柠檬。

Out of all of them, it is the lemon that has found its way into a number of English language expressions.

在所有这些水果中,柠檬已经融入了许多英语表达里。

While eating an orange or grapefruit can be pleasant, we don"t usually eat plain lemons.

虽然吃橘子或葡萄柚是令人愉快的事,但我们通常不直接吃柠檬。

Lemons are really sour. The acid in them makes it really hard to eat them raw.

柠檬真的很酸。这种酸真得让人很难直接生吃它们。

Lemons are so acidic they can actually take the protective enamel off your teeth. .

实际上,柠檬的酸性强到能够侵蚀你牙齿上的保护性珐

So, biting into a lemon does not bring a smile to your face.

所以,咬一口柠檬并不会让你的脸上露出笑容。

In fact, when someone is unhappy she may have a puckered look on her face.

事实上,当一个人不开心的时候,她的脸会皱起来。

In this case we can say she looks as if she just sucked on a lemon.

在这种情况下,我们可以说她看起来就像刚吸了一口柠檬。

We can also call this person a sourpuss.

我们也可以称这个人为“牢骚满腹的人”。

This is a person who always complains and always looks unhappy.

这种人总是抱怨并且看起来总是不开心。

With its really sour taste, sucking on a lemon is unpleasant.

由于柠檬的酸味,吮吸柠檬不是一-件令 人愉快的事。

So, telling someone to "Go suck a lemon!" is a way of showing your anger.

所以,告诉别人“去吸一口柠檬吧!” 是表达你愤怒的一种方式。

It is not really nice and sounds childish. But there are worse things you could say!

这个表达很不友好而且听起来很幼稚。但是你可能会说更糟糕的话!

While we do not usually eat lemons raw, they can add taste and vitamin C to food and drinks.

虽然我们通常不直接生吃柠檬,但柠檬可以给食物和饮品调味并增加维生素C。

But in everyday speech, the word "lemon" usually represents something poor, bad or broken.

但是在日常生活中,“lemon”这个词通常代表着劣质、糟糕或坏了的东西。

For example, if you hand someone a lemon,you have given them something that is broken or doesn"t work.

例如,如果你hand someone a lemon,意思是你给了他一个坏了的或不能用的东西。

This expression means that you have cheated them. A "lemon" can also mean an unsatisfactory answer.

As we said, a lemon can be something you bought that does not work. It is defective.

就像我们说的,“lemon” 可以指你买的不能用的东西。它有瑕疵。

Americans often use the word lemon to describe a newly-bought, but defective vehicle.

美国人经常用lemon这个词来形容新买的但有瑕疵的汽

Let"s say you go to an automotive dealership and buy what you think is a good car.

段设你去一 家汽车经销店那里买了-辆你认为不错的

On the streets around the dealership, it runs perfectly.

在经销店周围的街道上,它跑得很好。

But on the drive home, everything goes wrong. The gas pedal sticks.

但是在回家的路.上,一切都出了问题。

The engine starts smoking. Then it just stops running in the middle of the road! You have bought a lemon. As you watch the tow truck take away the car for repairs, you call the dealership and demand your money back.The salesman says with a laugh, "No way! All sales are final!"

销售员笑道:“不可能!概不退换!

Now, many people would get angry. Not only do you not have a car, but you have lost a lot of money.

此时,许多人会生气。你不仅没有了汽车,而且还损失了很多钱。

But you don"t get upset. You find a way to make this situation work for you.

但你不恼火。你会找到一种方法让这种情况对你有利。

After all, you are a person who looks on the bright side.

毕竟,你是一个乐观的人。

Your life"s belief is: When life give you lemons, you make lemonade!

你的人生信念是:当生活给你柠檬时,你就把它制作成柠檬水!

Here, the term "lemon" means a problem or difficulty in life.

这里的“Ilemon”一词意味着生活中的一个问题或困难。

Lemonade is a cool refreshing drink.

Lemonade是一种清凉饮料。

You could say it is the prize you get by overcoming difficulty with your good attitude.

你可以说这是你用良好的态度克服困难而得到的奖赏。

So, we use this expression to describe a situation where something goes wrong but the person in the situation chooses to turn it into a positive experience.

所以,我们用这个表达来描述一种情况, 在这种情况下有些事情出错了,但是处于这种情况下的人选择把它变成一种积极的体验。

People who turn lemons into lemonade we call optimistic.They have a can-do atttitude!

把柠檬变成柠檬水的人被我们称为乐观主义者。他们有一种积极进取的态度!

This is a common phrase and we use in many different situations.

这是一个常见的短语,我们在很多不同的情况下都会用它。

Sometimes we don"t even need to say the whole things.

有时候,我们甚至都不需要说完整。

If you simply say, "When life gives you lemons .. people will know what you mean.

如果你只说:“若生活给了你柠檬. .. .”人们就会知道你要表达什么。

So, back to our broken car story.You take the lemon of a car you bought at the dealership and you make lemonade. First, you learn about your rights as a buyer under a measure known as the lemon law.

首先,你要了解《柠檬法》中的买家权利。

In the United States, this requires an automobile manufacturer or dealer to replace,repair, or refund the cost of an automobile that proves to be defective after purchase.

在美国,这要求汽车制造商或经销商更换、修理或退还购买后被证明有瑕疵的汽车的费用。

Under the lemon law, you will get your money back.

根据《柠檬法》,你可以拿回你的钱。

But don"t stop there. Why make a glass of lemonade when you can make a whole pitcher! .

但不要止步于此。当你可以制作一整罐的柠檬水时, 为什么要制作一杯呢?

You warn friends and neighbors about that car dealership.

你让朋友和邻居要小心那家汽车经销店。

You write an article for the local newspaper about lemon laws.

你为当地报社写了一篇关于《柠檬法》的文章。

The newspaper receives many emails and letters from people who had similar experiences.

报社收到了许多有类似经历的人的电子邮件和信件。

Knowing their rights, they also demand their money back for the lemons that were sold to them.

知道了自己的权益后,他们也要求退还买了坏车而损失

The newspaper is so happy with the amount of responses that it offers you a part-time job writing stories about consumer issues.

报社非常高兴能收到这么多的回复,就给了你一份撰写消费者问题故事的兼职。

You"ve turned a bad experience into something good and you ve helped others.

你把一次糟糕的经历变成了-件好事,并且帮助了别

Life gave you lemons and you made lemonade.

生活给你柠檬,你做成了柠檬水。

阅读剩余内容
网友评论
相关内容
拓展阅读
最近更新